They sure do it big in the states. The Mega Millions jackpot is being estimated at over $400 million dollars.
But with the big jackpot comes huge odds against winning. We are talking to the tune of 1-in-259 million.
Here are some things that have better odds than winning tonight's lotto.
- becoming a Hollywood star ... 1 in 1.5 million
- hitting a hole in one on consecutive par-three golf holes ... 1 in 156 million
- being struck by lightning in a given one-year period ... 1 in 1 million
- being attacked by a shark ... 1 in 11.5 million
- becoming the President of the United States .. 1 in 10 million
- having identical quadruplets .. 1 in 15 million
- being killed by a venomous animal or plant .. 1 in 3.4 million
- dying by asteroid ... 1 in 18,000
- going to the ER with a pogo stick injury ... 1 in 115,300
- dating a supermodel ... 88,000 to 1
-it is more than likely that all of these things previously mentioned would happen to you before wining this jackpot.
In fact, if you add all of these odds up it gives you a 1-in-198, 621, 000 chance.
Article Added: 2014-03-18
Rate this topic: