Canadian Penny is Done!
The Federal Budget came down yesterday and one of the surprises was the announcement that production of the penny will be halted this fall. Every copper coin cost 1.6 cents to make so financially it doesn't make sense to keep making them.
These are the top five things I will miss about one cent piece.
1) Finding a lucky one on the ground.
2) Putting them away in a piggy bank.
3) Using the term, "a penny for your thought" will now become an insult.
4) Showing disatisfaction for service. Or showing satisfaction. An old English tradition is leaving a tip as well as a penny. Leaving a single penny signifies excellent service.
5) The take a penny leave a penny dishes. Article Added: 2012-03-30
Rate this topic: